Sunday 25 October 2015

Scene 3 2D Shadow Animation

First iteration-
Im not really feeling this at the moment. Im just randomly editing the mask as it goes along and it clearly shows. I really want to get identifiable faces within the shadows so im going to create a path in illustrator based on some of my original drawings and use that as a mask instead. 



Used previous drawings of shadows that were in my second animatic and live traced them on illustrator to use as a mask after trying to create my own with the pen tool. At this point I tired using a mask vertex expression but the one I managed to find wasn't working for some reason so had to move on and find something else to animate the mask. 



I happened to find this tutorial that shows how to morph a shape layer so wanted to see if it would work the same when applying to a mask. 






I am still very unhappy with how this is looking and I think I'm going to have to sacrifice the faces in the shadows and just play around with some of the trap code effects. RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment