Sunday 1 May 2016

Creating Character Reference Image for Model


Trying to make the side and profile elevation planes but things just don't want to match up.. what is even going on here?

Decided to just ignore the ears and match up the rest of the face. Had the rotate the side elevation to fully match the facial features up.


Body elevation planes -
Going to print this off to use as a scale reference for my hood piece and the rest of her clothing. This will mean ill have two separate body reference images, one for the body underneath and one for the hood and clothing over top.






4 comments:

  1. Excellent work. I hope you've made progress since you posted this blog. I've done a few preliminary tests (I'm still testing) and I believe a complete set of reference images for head animation include front, side 'and' 'TOP' views. The 'side' view gives the parallax for head tilt and a top view gives the parallax for head turns. The other important reference view is the 3/4 view that shows the cheek and nose bridge. I don't think perspective matters too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! write for us

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first visit to your web journal! We are a group of volunteers and new activities in the same specialty. Website gave us helpful data to work. write for us

    ReplyDelete